13th September, 2013
Chelsea may be in for more challenges from Real Madrid if the rumours making the rounds prove to be right as the team may end up losing Ngolo Kante to the Spanish giants in the next transfer window.
Real Madrid have already successfully poached two big stars from Chelsea in recent times with the signings of Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois.
The Spanish team successfully swayed Courtois to join it from Chelsea in 2018 and as if that was not enough for them, came back to get Hazard to follow his Belgian compatriot in the recent off-season.
Well as it stands right now, those successful transactions has given the team from the Spanish capital the confidence to come back to see if they can lure another Chelsea star player to move to the Zinedine Zidane tutored side in the coming transfer window.
Rumours emanating from The Athletic has it that Real Madrid pair Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois are pushing the LaLiga giants to sign Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante.
It is a fact that Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane has always wanted to reinforce his midfield amid links to Manchester United star Paul Pogba, Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen and Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek.
Since the Los Blancos were unable to sway Pogba away from Old Trafford to the Santiago Bernabeu, the now former Chelsea players Hazard and Courtois reportedly believe Kante is what Madrid need and should go after him as soon as possible.
Other stories making the rounds
– Reports from Calciomercato.com claim that Paris Saint-Germain star Marco Verratti is close to signing a new contract with the Ligue 1 champions. The Italy midfielder is reportedly set to sign a deal worth €12 million a season.
– There are also reports from Tuttosport claiming that Tottenham could swap their unsettled star Christian Eriksen with Juventus play-maker, Paulo Dybala in January.
Spurs had earlier tried to sign Dybala before the Premier League transfer window shut last month, while Eriksen was linked to Juve, Madrid and Atletico Madrid as his contract runs down.
– Other reports from Kicker claim that Bayer Leverkusen are resigned to losing star Kai Havertz on a free transfer at the end of the season.
The 20-year-old Germany international has been linked to Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich as well as LaLiga’s Barcelona and Real Madrid.
– Reports emanating from The Sun claim that Manchester United will offer defender Victor Lindelof a new contract after he was linked to Barcelona in the off-season.
Meanwhile, Reading’s teenage goalkeeper Coniah Boyce-Clarke, 16, is on the radar of United, reports the Mirror.
– In other news,it was reported that former Roma and Italy striker Dani Osvaldo could come out of retirement to link up with Diego Maradona at Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata.
Maradona was appointed head coach of the Superliga strugglers last week and ANSA claims 33-year-old Osvaldo, who retired in 2016, is in line for a sensational return in Argentina.